"The topper is beautiful, and the color is perfect, but I can't wear it". We sometimes get this feedback from clients. Its normal to feel strange when you first try on your topper. Often your topper just needs to be blended with your hair and styled properly for you to feel comfortable wearing it.
The story below is from Fauxhair who has alopecia and has used hair toppers for a few months.
"I've gotten a ton of questions about my 'poof' and how I style it with a topper. I am wearing my UniWigs 6x6 Upgrade Claire Mono Top Topper here!
Here we go:
1) How I dry my topper makes a huge difference. I dry it with the hair swept back on the mannequin head. Then when the topper is dry and I put it on, it keeps the hair out of my face. This makes it so much easier to get it into that poofy style!
2) I fill in my front with whatever product I grab at first. I use either tinted sprays or powders. Doesn't matter.
3) I tease the front of my hair and place my topper right behind it. I'm using a lace front topper here, but I think a standard topper front would work as well.
4) I gather both bio hair and topper hair together, and twist it a bit, and push it back to create that poof. Then I pin! The pinning takes practice!
5) I take small areas of bio hair and topper hair and curl them together, so it helps them to 'blend', and you'll see a smoother transition.
6) Got2b freezing blast spray is the best hairspray on the planet. I've been using it for over 15 years!
We hope this quick topper styling tutorial post was helpful to you! If you have problems with styling or blending, we will be more than happy to answer any questions.